Saturday, September 29, 2012

Turkey Festival in Raeford, NC

On September 13th I had the opportunity to travel to Hoke County and spend the day at TW Turlington Alternative School.  I  had a great time meeting teachers who work extremely hard every day to help their students be successful in life. Regional teacher Karrie Detwiler and I were able to work with the middle and high school students with the critical thinking/ team building games that we learned at NCCAT.  I had an awesome time!

That afternoon Raeford had their annual Turkey Festival Parade.  I was honored that Karrie Detwiler asked me to join her and the TW Turlington teacher of the year in the parade! We had a great time and I was so impressed with how many spectators yelled "thank you teachers!" to us as we drove by.  It was a great experience!

(Pictures can be found on my facebook page.)

No comments:

Post a Comment