Monday, November 26, 2012

American and International Education Week- ECSU

On November 13, I had the opportunity to travel to the coast to beautiful Elizabeth City State University and participate in their American and International Education Week celebration.  This was a wonderful day and one of my highlights!  I was so impressed with Elizabeth City State University and how often they thanked teachers for what they do.  Teachers don't hear it enough!  The entire day at ECSU was scheduled to celebrate American and International Education Week and to celebrate and thank teachers.  It was wonderful!  

When I arrived at ECSU I thought I was only giving a speech on global education, I had no idea the wonderful surprises that were to come.  Before I spoke, two preschool students came up on stage to present me with a flower.  They were precious!  I then spoke with teachers and the audience about  the importance of global education.  The rest of the day involved: a beautiful trophy, wonderful gospel music, an excellent lunch, participation in a ribbon cutting ceremony, and hearing the Chancellor and the Dean of the College of Education thanking teachers numerous times.  It was a wonderful day!  I drove away from Elizabeth City with a full heart and proud to be a teacher.

Thank you Elizabeth City State University for a wonderful experience and for celebrating teachers!


Links to the press release on the ECSU site below:

http://www.ecsu.edu/administration/ia/urm/headline.cfm?ID=11787

http://www.ecsu.edu/events/intledweek/grimes.cfm

http://www.dailyadvance.com/news/grimes-students-must-know-world-1365913

No comments:

Post a Comment