Wednesday, February 27, 2013

ASU Pre-Service Math Teachers

On Friday, February 20th I was excited to travel to Appalachian State University to speak to the Pre-Service Math Teachers.  When I walked into the classroom I immediately had flashbacks to the one and only time I was in the CAP building and the classroom itself.  Although I had flashbacks it wasn't until Dr. Long walked into the room that I realized the reason I had been in this room before was when I was an undergrad student and participated in the Pre-Service Math Teachers club! At that point I became very excited!  I thought it was really neat that I participated in the club and now I was presenting to the club!

While there I met many very excited teachers.  Some who are planning on teaching middle school math and many future elementary school teachers.  I also had the wonderful opportunity to see Whitney who was the ASU student who volunteered in my classroom last school year.  It was great to see her and catch up!

I was very excited with all of the questions that the students asked while I was sharing how I taught math in my 3rd grade classroom last year.  I shared how I changed my teaching from whole group math to small math groups and stations, project based learning assignments, and having my students collaborate with other classes across the state.  It was wonderful experience and I would love to come back and work with the ASU Pre-Service Math Teachers.

Pictures below:

Discussing Math Stations

Picture from the back of the room.

All of the wonderful Pre-Service Math Teachers!

No comments:

Post a Comment