Tuesday, February 5, 2013

National Teacher of the Year Conference Day 4

Friday, February 1, 2013

I can't believe it is already February and the 4th day of the conference!  We have accomplished a lot and I have met so many new friends, but I still can't believe tomorrow is the last day!  Today we spent a good amount of time discussing "The Why, the What, the Who, and the Where".  This session allowed us to think about why we are hear, what we are going to do with this year, who are we going to change, and where will be in the end.  All of these are wonderful questions, I just wish I had all of the answers! 

This afternoon we were given the gift of time to network and explore Scottsdale, Arizona with the new friends that we have met.  Most of us headed downtown to the "old town" of Scottsdale.  This area had art galleries, stores, and restaurants.  It was neat being able to walk around downtown and feel like we knew most of the people walking around.  I kept thinking how far we have come since the first day when we didn't know anyone.  Now I feel like I have 53 new friends! Below are some pictures of the town.


Cool guy playing music!

North Carolina and Missouri in front of the fountain and statue!

We really wanted this picture! Even if it meant that we weren't watching for cars!
 
Trolly!

This was a man acting like a statue to scare people. Hilarious!

Cowboy?

State Teachers of the Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment