Monday, February 4, 2013

National Teacher of the Year Conference Day 2

Wednesday, January 30

I woke up the 2nd day so excited to meet the rest of the State TOYs and for SMART Technology Training!  During the training we had the opportunity to use one of the new 885ix SmartBoard!  I was so excited!  With this SmartBoard four people can touch the screen at once!  Pictures below:


During the training we were also given the opportunity to create a notebook page that described us and our state.  This was a lot of fun and was a great way to meet and remember everyone. 



After our SMART Training the coordinators arrived for the Opening Dinner.  Although I was sad that we are in between coordinators right now, I was super excited that Cindi Rigsbee volunteered to come with me!  Cindi was the NC 2009 TOY and a finalist for NTOY.  I could not have asked for a better stand- in coordinator and mentor! 



After dinner the teachers and coordinators were divided up into "homeroom".  This gave us the opportunity to talk and share in smaller groups.  Each group had a past National TOY with them in their homeroom.


No comments:

Post a Comment