Wednesday, April 17, 2013

NC State University Teaching Fellows

On April 1st, I traveled to North Carolina State University for the first time.  I was excited to be on campus and to have the opportunity to speak to the teaching fellows and education majors.  As soon as I walked in the door, I realized this was a very special group of students.  I began talking to many of the future teachers about all of the countries they had traveled to.  It was amazing to hear their stories!  One student even completed his student teaching in China! I felt that there was so much I could learn from them!

My keynote speech was on Global Education which was perfect because the Dean of the College of Ed spoke about cultural diversity and I had already spoken to many of the students about their travels.  I greatly enjoyed sharing lessons that I did with my class and hearing the students gather ideas of how they can use their contacts in other countries in order to teach Global Education.

When I was finished speaking, I had the opportunity to hear a teaching fellow alumni and second year teacher speak.  She was amazing!  She painted the picture of surviving her first year of teaching very well!  I thought back many times to my first classroom, not too long ago.

Below are pictures from the evening:

Second Year Teacher Speaks about her First Year





No comments:

Post a Comment