Monday, April 1, 2013

NC TIES

I had the opportunity attend and present at NC TIES this month.  I cannot believe I have never attended before!  I can say I will definitely be going back!  I learned so much about technology in the classroom in such a short amount of time.  I would suggest every teacher to attend at least once!

I listened to and learned from amazing teachers, principals, technology facilitators, and professors from all of the state.  They taught be about how to start a 1:1 program, must have apps, tricks for using the ipad in the classroom, and so much more!

I also had the chance to meet several teachers who have been in my grad school cohort for 2 years.  Because our program is strictly online, we have not been able to meet each other in person.  It was a crazy experience seeing friends for the first time in person.  We have worked together and "met" online at least 3 to 4 times a week the last 2 years.  So, we know each other really well... but had never seen each other in person.

After attending the sessions and meeting other teachers from my class, I had the honor to present with Appalachian State University professors about the Instructional Technology Graduate School Program that I am a part of.  It was an honor to be asked by my professors to share my insights and stories about the program.  I said then, and I will say it again, that I do not think I would be where I am today if I wasn't in grad school at ASU for Instructional Technology.  This program changed my way of thinking and teaching.  I am a much better teacher because of what I have learned through this program!



No comments:

Post a Comment