Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Rosman Elementary

On my way back from Cullowhee after presenting at NCCAT I traveled to Transylvania County to Rosman Elementary School.  EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE THIS DRIVING EXPERIENCE!  I put that in all caps for 3 reasons.  1. It is a beautiful drive!  It is calming, remote, and peaceful!  2.  It is remote, very remote and you realize you cannot rely on your technology aka iphone, garmin, or gps to show you where to go because there is no 4G, 3G, or any service to speak of.  Luckily, I have lived in the mountains for long enough to trust my instincts and follow the signs.  But, I don't think many North Carolinians have experienced such a road. 3. Once you travel through the mountains on the dirt roads you come to a hidden gem in the valley which is Rosman Elementary School. 

I had such a wonderful time at Rosman.  I was greeted by a wonderful Teacher Leader who was willing to drop anything she was doing to give me a tour of the school.  She even set up the Kindergarten schedule so I could participate in their Easter Egg Hunt.  It was wonderful!  However I felt my heard hurting because I miss teaching and being around students so much!

After the Egg Hunt, we went to the 5th grade and played Password.  (This is a word game that enriches your vocabulary.) It was so much fun!  However I will admit... that I was not as good as the 5th graders.  They  beat me in the game, but had such good sportsmanship while doing it!

Thank you for a wonderful time!




No comments:

Post a Comment