Tuesday, May 7, 2013

ASU Teaching Fellows Honors Day

I was so excited to be able to speak at ASU at their Teaching Fellows Honors Day.  I was also excited to see Whitney Blalock and so many of the other teaching fellows!  Whitney introduced me and it brought tears to my eyes.  While she was up on stage sharing stories about being in my classroom, I felt like I was a proud teacher looking at a past student.  Although Whitney wasn't my student she still worked in my classroom and I have had the opportunity to watch her grow.  She will be an amazing teacher!

While I spoke I talked about my students.  I shared my story about Lily asking if it is hard to be a teacher.  I also shared the wonderful animals that my students said I was when they were interviewed when I was up  for Regional TOY.  The lovely animals were: pink flamingo, monkey, cheetah, and a cuddly cat.

When I was finished I had a group of teaching fellows come over to me and tell me that they have been working at Bethel on a story telling project.  I was so excited!  Their picture is below.



No comments:

Post a Comment