Thursday, May 30, 2013

Forest Park Elementary School

On Tuesday, April 30th I traveled to Cabarrus County to visit Forest Park Elementary School.  Forest Park is in the Kannapolis City School District.  I was excited to visit there to see the school, but also to see an old friend from college.  Meredith, who I went to school with and worked with at Fun in the Sun Summer Camp, is the new Instructional Technology Facilitator at Forest Park. Just from spending a couple of hours with Meredith I learned a lot about what I would be doing next year!

While I was there Meredith also gave me a tour of the school and let me observe teachers teaching.  I saw amazing things going on!  I watched students use ipads, laptops, clickers, and a mimioboard.  I had never heard of a mimioboard  before, but it takes a whiteboard makes it into an interactive board.  http://www.mimio.com/

I had such a great time and I learned so much from visiting Forest Park.  Thank you for letting me visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment