Monday, May 6, 2013

Greenlee Primary School

On the afternoon of April 11, I traveled to Mitchell County and visited Greenlee Primary School.  As soon as I walked in the door I was excited to be there!  I saw students with smiling faces who were excited to be at school!  Once I walked in I was introduced the Mr. Alan English the principal and Mitchell County's Superintendent.  After briefly talking to the Superintendent I realized that he grew up in Tennesee very close to Maryville (where I grew up) in Madisonville (which is where my Grandfather taught).  I felt at home already!

Mr. English proceeded to give me a tour of the school and introduce to me to outstanding teachers.  I was very impressed with the school!  I then had the opportunity to spend some time in the computer lab with the technology teacher (who is the Superintendent's wife).  I loved having the opportunity to talk with her and learn from her.

Thank you so much for allowing me to visit and for what you do for students each and every day!



School website:  http://greenlee.mcsnc.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment