Monday, May 6, 2013

Lindly Park

On the afternoon of April 15,  I traveled to Asheboro City Schools and visited Lindly Park Elementary School.  I was so excited to visit this school and to visit an old friend!  Sheena Wisnasky is a 4th grade teacher at Lindly Park.  I met Sheena this past summer at an NCCAT seminar at Ocracoke.  We have talked many times since NCCAT, but I was only able to see her once this year.  So, I was really excited to visit!

When I first arrived the 4th graders were at lunch so I sat with them at the lunchroom table.  (This is when I realized I think this is the first time I have sat at a lunchroom table this year!  Crazy how this year has been!)  After lunch I participated in read-a-loud with the 4th grade students and then was able to help the students with their research projects (using laptops) on the Wright Brothers.  It was really neat to help the students with this because just the day before I ran a half marathon at Kitty Hawk and ran around the Wright Brothers memorial.  I shared this with the students and they thought it was really neat!

After school, Sheena gave me a tour of the school and I had the opportunity to meet the rest of the amazing teachers.  I had such a wonderful time!

School site: http://lindleypark.asheboro.k12.nc.us/

No comments:

Post a Comment