Thursday, May 30, 2013

Greensboro College- Kappa Delta Pi

On Monday April 29th I left Boone and headed to Greensboro College.  I was still exhausted from the week before but I was excited to visit a college that I had never been to before.  Once I arrived, I realized how close the college was to downtown.  I had no idea! The campus was very pretty and even had a beautiful fountain in the middle of the campus.

I walked in and was greeted by students who were going to be inducted into the Greensboro College Kappa Delta Pi program.  They all looked very excited!  Once the program started you could tell how excited the college students' parents were.  You could see how proud they were through the smiles on the faces!  While I spoke I shared what animal my 3rd graders said I was when I was interviewed for Regional Teacher of the Year.  Afterwards I was presented with a pink shirt and zebra print that said Greensboro College.  The professor was so excited because I had shared that a student said I was a pink flamingo!

After the ceremony we went to a reception in another building.  I sat down and talked to a teacher and her student teacher.  I was wonderful to be able to talk with someone who was on the same page as me.

I had such a wonderful experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment