Thursday, May 30, 2013

NC Teacher of the Year Luncheon 2013-2014

On May 2nd I went to the State Board of Education meeting in the morning and the NC Teacher of the Year Luncheon in the afternoon.  I was excited that Joseph had the opportunity to come to both the SBE meeting and the luncheon.  It was a neat feeling to not be nervous this year, like I was last year!

When I got up and spoke about my year I showed many pictures from my travels.  I tried to focus on the things that I accomplished and did rather than on the things that I received.  It was a very strange feeling to stand up on stage and give my farewell speech.  In a way I feel like I just spoke my acceptance speech!

Click the link to look at my presentation and pictures! https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1DqcrUIc_xvaNtSDsTTfrFiVURXytUwYIpdrVazO6qgg/edit?usp=sharing

After I spoke they announced the new Teacher of the Year.  Which is... drum roll please... Karyn Dickerson from Guilford County!  I was so excited for her!  She teaches high school English at Grizzly High School.  She had a wonderful acceptance speech! I know she will do a wonderful job!

Pictures below!

No comments:

Post a Comment