Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Person County Schools

Beginning Teachers Program
I traveled to Person County on Wednesday April 17th.  I arrived to Person County early (coming from Granville) and found a McDonalds where I could do some work.  As I pulled into the McDonalds I realized I was so tired. So instead of doing work inside the restaurant, I decided to take a nap in my car in the parking lot. haha  I have never done that before so I just wanted to share.

After my nap, I had the opportunity to speak to the Beginning Teachers of Person County.  I was impressed with the large number of beginning teachers and the eagerness that they had.  They were very excited to come together as a group and to ask me questions.  I had a wonderful time working with them and sharing some of the things that I have done with my class and Global Education.

Person County Teacher of the Year Banquet
After speaking to the Beginning Teachers I was invited to attend the County TOY banquet.  It was held at a very nice steak restaurant.  When I walked in I recognized one of the teachers standing at the door.  I introduced myself and found out that she was the current Person County TOY and she attended the District TOY Summit that we had the week before.  We sat together during dinner and I learned a lot from her.  I would like to see her teach because she sounds like an amazing teacher!

Once the program started I was very surprised to find myself getting teary eyed as they talked about the finalists.  I have never met these teachers before so I was shocked that I was so touched.  Each teacher had a story to tell and their stories touched me.  I also kept thinking about when I was sitting in their seats not too long ago.

Each teacher is amazing and is more than deserving for the title of county teacher of the year.  The winner is Joshua Frazier a PE teacher at Stories Creek Elementary. You can see the press release by clicking here: http://www.person.k12.nc.us/files/_nSKDm_/10e9cca14df8387d3745a49013852ec4/TOYJosh.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment