Monday, May 6, 2013

Old Fort Elementary

On April 11, I traveled farther west to McDowell County.  There I visited Old Fort Elementary School.  I had passed by the road that Old Fort Elementary is located on many times while traveling to Asheville, however I had never visited the school before.  I was excited for this chance!  While there the teacher leader gave me a tour of the school.  I met many amazing teachers and very smart students!  The teacher leader showed me their data room that was complete with data wall, notebooks, lesson ideas, and computers.  She explained to me that this is where the teachers hold grade level and vertical alignment meetings.  I am sure this works well because everything that is needed is already in the room!

I had a wonderful time!  Thank you for allowing me to visit!



No comments:

Post a Comment