Thursday, May 30, 2013

Washington DC- Day 4

So, I woke up on the 4th day in Washington DC and thought was yesterday even real??  I still couldn't believe that we were at THE White House and met THE President.  Crazy!

Target sponsored our breakfast in the morning and then the STOYs were off to SMART Technologies for our professional development day!  I was very excited to see the DC SMART headquarters!  We arrived and had the opportunity to play with many different SMART Boards, SMART Tables, and even a SMART projector that worked just like a SMART Board only there was not a board!  It was awesome!

After the full day at SMART Technologies we headed back to the hotel to get ready for the Black Tie Gala Reception and Dinner that was held at the US Institute of Peace.  We were a little rushed and started to stress that we wouldn't have enough to change.  But, of course we all made it!  It was so neat to be sitting on the Target Bus and have all of the other STOYs get on the bus in their gowns and tuxes.  We clean up nice!

We arrived at the US Institute of Peace and Josepha and I took pictures outside.  We went through security (which did not seem as high compared to the White House the day before!) and headed down the the white marble stairs to the reception below.  It was so pretty!  While we were walking down the steps people were there taking pictures of us.  It was so neat!  So neat in fact that Joseph and I walked back up the stairs to do it again!

Once we arrived at the reception we mingled in the beautiful  building until it was time to go down the next flight of stairs to the dinning area.  We found our seats and were excited to see that we were sitting with Suzanne and her husband from Alabama!  We also had 3 others guests at our table that worked for CCSSO and the PTA.  We talked before dinner started and found out that the guest of the lady from the PTA rides mountain bikes and is friends with many guys that Joseph races against.  Crazy small world!

The dinner and presentations began quickly afterwards.  We had wonderful speakers and wonderful food!  Half way through the mail a lady came up to me and asked if I was from North Carolina.  I said yes and she said from Bethel?  I looked at her and smiled and said yes.  She said my friends said I had to come over and meet you!  I looked at her and smiled wondering what friends.  She then said I grew up in Watauga!  Apparently she posted on facebook that she was at the gala, parents from Bethel who she is facebook friends with because she went to high school with them then wrote to her to come find me.  I couldn't believe all the connections!

We had such a wonderful time!

(insert pictures)

No comments:

Post a Comment