Monday, May 6, 2013

Education Induction Ceremony- NC Wesleyan College

Also on April 15 (It was a very busy day!), I traveled to the NC Wesleyan College to speak at their Education Induction Ceremony.  I was excited to be able to speak to the future teachers because I remember vividly when I was accepted into the College of Education at ASU.  As soon as I was accepted I went back to my dorm and wrote a letter to one of my favorite teachers Mr. Dodd Crowe.  In the letter I thanked him for being a great teacher and for everything he did for all of his students.

In my speak to the future teachers at NC Wesleyan College I shared this story.  I then challenged all of the students to write their influential teachers.  I explained to them that I didn't understand the great power behind a letter until I became a teacher.  Now I would love to receive a letter from past students!

Below are pictures from the night!







No comments:

Post a Comment